Tuesday, July 14, 2009

2 Months to Go

About 2 more months before this baby is predicted to arrive, huh? That's it? That's all the time I have left before my life is going to double in the craziness factor? I was just starting to get the hang of this whole "parent to a toddler" thing. We've got the big boy bed going, I've been able to scrapbook a couple times a week, and I'm actually semi-comfortable going out in public. But soon, it's going to be a whole new ball of wax. Back to the world of engorged breasts, 10-12 daily diaper changes, 2 am feedings, pumping, gas bubbles, hemorrhoids, sleeplessness, and non-showering. Oh, and that's just the baby! Add in everything that concerns Isaiah and you've got a world o' hurt coming. Don't get me wrong....I am thrilled to have another on the way. I love being a Mommy and I can't wait to experience that joy all over again. I remember the amount of work it was when Isaiah was a newborn and I'm not going to lie and say "I'm sure I can handle it" because I'm pretty convinced that I'm going to find myself suddenly highly unqualified to be the mother of two young boys. But, like everything else with parenting, we learn as we go and just try to survive.

Like I keep telling myself when things get difficult: "This is only temporary."

2 comments:

  1. Its only temporary, and you will love being the mother of 2 young boys. Someday, when you have 2 teenage boys, you will miss when they were both babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I enjoy what little time I have to myself and I worry about "disrupting" Allison's life all the time. Everyone I know that has a 2 year gap between kids says the first couple years are really hard and after that the built in playmate works wonderfully! Oh, and I don't think I know of one mom who loves the newborn stage - including me!

    ReplyDelete