Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Waiting Game

Here I am on Saturday, 12 days before my due date and I managed to make it through our big work day on the basement without either A: Going into labor or B: Being induced into labor. Both were seeming like viable options as the week progressed, but with the carpet getting installed in the morning and a lot of work on tap for the rest of the day, Even just kept pleading with me to "make it though Friday!" Done and done, honey. I had to go to the doctor three times this week to keep tabs on my blood pressure, protein levels, and the baby's heartbeat. I did two NSTs and in the end, I was given the green light to stay pregnant over the weekend. With Isaiah, I was induced at 38 weeks, 2 days which is exactly where I am at today so this kid has officially stayed in the oven longer than his brother. At this point, I am not hoping he stays put until at least Tuesday because my doctor will be out of town for the holiday and I really would rather not do the whole "giving birth" thing without her. That, and I just think it would be a horribly ironic coincidence to have a baby on Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment