Monday, January 19, 2009

Are you in there, peanut?

My least favorite thing about the first trimester is not being able to have a tangible connection to the pregnancy. You can't feel the baby, there is no belly (besides leftover pooch from Isaiah) to see as a visible confirmation, and there certainly is no kicks or anything. You just have to fly on blind faith that there is indeed a little peanut in there who is safe and sound and growing rapidly. This is definitely the most difficult part for me. Even more so than morning sickness or the discomfort of the third trimester. If you know me at all, you know that I absolutely HATE not knowing something for certain! I will be very glad when we have been to the doctor and heard the heartbeat. I remember crying immediately the first time I heard Isaiah's heartbeat because it in that moment that it really became real. It's almost like I didn't really, fully believe I was pregnant until that moment. In any case, February 10th can't come quick enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment